Sunday, June 7, 2009

Jayda Elle Blake is HERE!

Baby Jayda (Ashleys daughter) arrived late last night. More details and a picture to come. PLEASE please keep them in your prayers. She is doing good for now, but that can change anytime! She is 1 lb. 9oz. and looks like a barbie doll.

Be back later with details!

UPDATE-
Okay back with the details of sweet Jayda Elle.

As you know Ashley's water broke (not completely) last week and she has been spent the last week and a half in the hospital. Well, yesterday her water broke completely. I got a call from Ash during a session and was told that they would probably be having her that night. I got the call at 11:30 that Jayda had been born and they were stabilizing her and it is really touch an go right now.

A few hours after Ash's water broke the nurse really urged the Dr. to check her and thank goodness he did! As soon as he checked her he could feel her little foot coming out. They rushed Ashley to the delivery room and had the baby out via c-section within 5 minutes. She cried a little and was kicking all over the place. She is a fighter. They had to restrain her legs because she was kicking so much. She weighs 1 lb. 9oz. and is 13 inches long. During the c-section the Dr.s cut Jayda's arm and they had to stitch her up. She is trying to breath on her own, but they have her on a breathing machine. Things are looking very well right now and I couldn't be happier about that. They did warn Ashley and Chase that just because today might be good doesn't mean everyday will be. There will be hard days ahead. They told her that preemies will fight so hard that some days they just kind of give up and those are the days they need to be prepared for. But if she is anything like Ashley she will fight so hard!

Ashley is doing well and both her and Chase are just really exhausted. They are parent's now and that is so awesome for them! I know they will be the best parent's to that little girl.

Here are some pictures of baby Jayda. You can see just how tiny she is. I took these off of Chase's facebook and my mom will get some more in the next few days. So I will post those when I get them.





I thank you all so much for your prayers. Please continue to pray for them. This will be a long journey and they have a tough road ahead. My faith has grown 110% through all of this and I know without a shadow of doubt that Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ are in our lives daily and bless us even through our trials and tribulations.

Jayda will forever be one of the most special people in my life!

11 comments:

Kristi Deter ( Lambert ) said...

We will definitely keep her and the family in our prayers. It is times like these that it is so nice to be able to live comfortably in the arms of God. His perfect plan is hard to understand sometimes, but if our confidence is in Him we can still experience joy in hard times. I will pray for baby Jada by name !

Tara said...

We will keep her and your family in our prayers. That is so hard. I'm sure she is beautiful.

Tiffany said...

OMG!!!!! I will so think of them and keep them in our prayers!!! Please keep us posted!!!

~Ashley Dawn~ said...

I am so so SOO happy you posted this. I started talking to Chase last night after the delivery. She is beautiful! I can't wait to meet her! And of course she is a fighter! :) Good girl! :)

Sara said...

We are praying too! Tell Ashley and Chase congrats and that we are praying for good days! I know there is LOTS of family, but we are close if anyone needs anything. Sending love their way!

Bellblogging said...

Oh my heck she is so cute! We wish them the BEST!! Love the name!

Kerri Marie said...

Let Ashley know that we are thinking of and praying for her and her little family. And what a beautiful little girl! Give my love to all your family. =)

Addie-buggie said...

She is so precious. Thank you so much for keeping us updated on everything, We also told Brian's parents who just love you guys and we will all continue to pray.

Amber said...

What a sweet and scary experiences. I can't imagine how humbling it would be to be in the presence of that precious little baby.

Mary Stuart said...

I can;t believe it! Little Jayda is so precious! Congrats to Ashley and Chase! It is definitely going to be hard up ahead but, they will be so blessed. I will continue praying for her!

Chase said...

We really apreciate you doing this for us Becky. We look forward to seeing the pictures that you took of her when you were down last week. Thanks again.