Wednesday, October 8, 2008

PLEASE BE CAREFULL!!

A sweet woman that belongs to the same photography forum that I am at got seriously injured when her laptop that was sitting on her lap caught on fire. Her leg is severly burned and she is undergoing surgery.

Click HERE to read the story and see the pictures of her leg. Please let me warn you that the pictures are very graphic! But I think this is SO important to share becuase I know many of you (me included for sure) work all the time with laptops resting on your laps and beds. That's the beauty of laptops...they are convinient to use anywhere. But I will now use the utmost caution of where I place my laptop.

I would hate for this to happen to any of you, but I would be horrified if this happen to a child or burnt down a home because it was resting on a bed or something that could easily catch on fire.

Send prayers her way and just be careful! I know I will!!!

7 comments:

Nicole Cave said...

OMG Becky...that is discusting! WHAT IS WORLD COMING TO!?

The Parrish Family said...

OMG!! That is seriously CRAZY!!! That through my dream of ever having a laptop out the window!

Kattie said...

YUCK, I cant even look at those pics they make me want to cry and pass out, burns are not my flavor:) We will say a little prayer for her:)

-KJ said...

I am going to rip your face off for posting that. That just ruined my life.

OK, that was a little dramatic, but seriously my legs are zinging!!!

Lisa said...

WOW!! As graphic as that is I am glad you shared. I set my laptop on my lap ALL the time and worse yet...I let Dallin play games with it on his lap!! Not anymore.

Trish said...

That is crazy. I had my laptop on my lap while reading this. That is super scary.

Becky said...

Sorry guys!! lol KJ! But seriously aren't you glad you know!!!

I will give better warning next time! hehe